EBMUD Job Title: Machining and Maintenance Worker II
$69,348 - $80,280 Annually, Plus Excellent Benefits, Including Pension
Apply online at www.ebmud.com/jobs starting Monday, April 17, 2017
Application and response to supplemental questions must be received by the following cut-off dates: May 5, 2017 and August 4, 2017
Subjourney Maintenance Machinists are invited to apply for East Bay Municipal Utility District's (EBMUD's) Machining and Maintenance Worker II opportunity. Assignments at this level involve corrective and preventive maintenance as well as general repair and rebuilding of water treatment and distribution plant facilities including the use of a variety of stationary and portable machine tools.
Typical duties include observing, learning to perform, and assisting:
- journey-level Maintenance Machinists and Machining and Maintenance Worker III's in a variety of basic mechanical inspection, preventive maintenance and repair of pumps, valves, conveyors, cranes, meters and related mechanical equipment including pump alignments and in-shop balancing; assisting in preparing and placing concrete bases for pumps and motors; assisting in performing millwright-type work in the field.
- in the maintaining and repairing water heaters, lavatory fixtures and related equipment including threading, soldering and installing plumbing fittings and connections; assisting in fabricating and installing flexible, rigid and high pressure piping.
- in sheet metal work including assembling and installing ducting, fabricating and pop riveting; learning basic oxyacetylene, MIG and ARC welding techniques.
- the disassembly, cleaning, lubrication and reassembly of hydraulic and pneumatic valves and regulators.
The most competitive candidates for this position will have:
- Strong math and mechanical skills
- Strong study habits and discipline to successfully advance up to journey level
- Strong ability to work from drawings, designs and sketches
- Strong ability to maintain records and reports as it pertains to work assignments
- Good work ethics, ability to communicate effectively and work well with diverse individuals
Requires a high school diploma, or its equivalent, AND twelve months of experience equivalent to the EBMUD's Machining and Maintenance Worker I classification*. Must advance to the Machining and Maintenance Worker III within 18 months of appointment.
*Completion of an accredited community college or comparable certificate program in machine tool technology or closely related field, acceptable to EBMUD may be substituted for the required 12 months of experience.
The salary range is $5,779 per month increasing to $6,068, $6,371 and $6,690 after 12, 24, and 36 months, respectively.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disability
Sign up for Job Alerts
General ManagerBig Bear City Community Services DistrictBig Bear City, CA, United StatesApr 25
Engineering and Resource Planning Technician I - Extra-helpSonoma County Water AgencySanta Rosa, CA, United StatesApr 25
Laboratory TechVeolia North AmericaAtwater, CA, United StatesApr 25
Water/Wastewater SupervisorIncline Village General Improvement District (IVGID)Incline Village, NV, United StatesApr 25
Air Conditioning Mechanic - San José -Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility - (1700272)City of San JoséSan Jose, CAApr 24
More from East Bay Municipal Utility District
Engineering InternEast Bay Municipal Utility DistrictOakland, CA, United StatesApr 24
Assistant Engineer (Electrical - SCADA)East Bay Municipal Utility DistrictOakland, CA, United StatesApr 24
Assistant Engineer (Electrical – Engineering Design)East Bay Municipal Utility DistrictOakland, CA, United StatesApr 24
Risk Management AnalystEast Bay Municipal Utility DistrictOakland, CA, United StatesApr 17
Senior Drafter (Pipeline)East Bay Municipal Utility DistrictOakland, CA, United StatesApr 10
Wastewater Manager / Maintenance Services ManagerCity of San BrunoSan Bruno, CA, United StatesMar 29
WATER RECLAMATION MAINTENANCE PLANNERSan Bernardino Municipal Water DepartmentSan Bernardino, CA, United StatesMar 16
WASTEWATER OPERATOR II/IIICamrosa Water DistrictCamarillo, CA, United StatesApr 03
Maintenance Machinist (East Bay)East Bay Municipal Utility DistrictOakland, CA, United StatesFeb 27
Maintenance Machinist (Ione, CA)East Bay Municipal Utility DistrictOakland, CA, United StatesFeb 27