Utility Worker w/ CDL Class B
Veolia North America seeks an Utility Worker - Discovery Bay, CA
est. Work Schedule: M-F (7:00am-3:30pm)
- Must have a CDL Class B License and/or able to obtain within 6 months of hire.
Performs operations of Belt Press and associated structures along with routine cleaning, maintenance and repair to equipment, PM on assigned equipment, routine grounds & buildings maintenance. Also, assist with sewer line flushing and lift station inspection along with any other tasked assigned.
- Operate Biosolids process, belt press system, sludge dredge system, clean process equipment, structures, and process area as required.
- Assist with sanitary sewer flushing program. Operator Vac-Truck, lift station inspection.
- Cleans facility grounds, walkways, fencing, gates and parking areas. Paint equipment at various sites. Collects and disposes of trash and other waste materials. Maintains appearance of plant grounds by cutting, trimming or weeding grass, shrubs, trees and ornamental planting beds.
- Under supervision, performs routine lubrication and service work to plant equipment.
- Operates machinery, vehicles, material handling equipment and tools as necessary to move materials and supplies. Moves parts, equipment, boxes and/or furniture from one work or storage area to another as required. Washed and cleans vehicles. Performs clean up and housekeeping task for work area, tool and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Ability to perform basic math.
- At least six months to 1 years' experience in a related position and a environment preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of machinery, vehicles, Vac-Truck, material handling equipment, hand and power tools preferred.
- Must have ability to quickly learn how to safely operate specialized machinery for care of roads, grounds, galleries, structures and facilities.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Required CDL Class 'B" endorsement and/or able to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment verification, drug and criminal background check.
Contact: Pamela Freeman, Recruiter, Veolia North America
Phone: 630-778-4810 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Job Alerts
General ManagerBig Bear City Community Services DistrictBig Bear City, CA, United StatesApr 25
Engineering and Resource Planning Technician I - Extra-helpSonoma County Water AgencySanta Rosa, CA, United StatesApr 25
Laboratory TechVeolia North AmericaAtwater, CA, United StatesApr 25
Water/Wastewater SupervisorIncline Village General Improvement District (IVGID)Incline Village, NV, United StatesApr 25
Air Conditioning Mechanic - San José -Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility - (1700272)City of San JoséSan Jose, CAApr 24
More from Veolia North America
Wastewater Manager / Maintenance Services ManagerCity of San BrunoSan Bruno, CA, United StatesMar 29
Temporary Regulatory Compliance OfficerCity of RedlandsRedlands, CA, United StatesApr 04
WATER RECLAMATION MAINTENANCE PLANNERSan Bernardino Municipal Water DepartmentSan Bernardino, CA, United StatesMar 16
EngineerWater Replenishment District of Southern CaliforniaLakewood, CA, United StatesMar 28
WASTEWATER OPERATOR II/IIICamrosa Water DistrictCamarillo, CA, United StatesApr 03